Friday 28 September 2018

If only I had found this place sooner, Bitterwell a great introduction to my son for Carp on fly

Last few weeks of summer have seen my son and I re-invigorating the Friday fish. I having been dashing home at school exit time and with a quick turn we were fishing for Carp on the fly at Bitterwell Lake near Bristol by 16:30. This nice little lake is not picky about fly fishermen using artificial flies and it is a great venue for late evening sport. Both James and I have landed some good double figure fish. The only difficulty is the ducks and swans competing with the carp for your floating bait. After I while I realised liberal amounts were required to cause distraction and subdue appetites! To my surprise there are a few other regular carp fly enthusiasts joining us.




No comments:

Post a Comment