Friday 10 June 2011

Wet afternoon Friday fish on the Chew

A Friday fish now seems a bit of institution for me now. I'm in a job where I can manage my own time and I like to start the weekend with a nice afternoon session. Leaving N Bristol the sun was shining and all was looking good. Headed to a stretch on the Lower Chew. By the time I'd tied my leader and attached the last fly the clouds had smudged out any blue sky and spots of rain began to fall. Undeterred I proceeded to fish the next hour in heavy rain. Few rises and difficult terrain resulted in just one fish on the dry.


Time for a change in location and time to get dry with hope of the rain passing. No such luck as the rain persisted but the stretch still produced a small Grayling, one lost Brownie and a decent sized Brownie to the net all on the nymph. Saw a cute family of Dippers on a shallow run where the parents were feeding two fledged young.

No comments:

Post a Comment