Thursday 5 May 2011

Chew Magna and Publow visit

Had day off work today as I had leave left and had to take my lad to Bristol City coaching session at Failand in the afternoon. Decided to try Chew Magna for some sedate lake fishing. Fished the right hand bank, weather warm and bright with light winds. Fished intermediate line with Goldhead orange blob as no visible fish. Talk of not stocking for a while, lots of blanks in the book and no pulls raised doubts over my optimism for a fish. Suddenly a few fish started to move a third of the way out. Buzzers started to dimple on the surface. Time for the suspended Buzzer beneath the Klink on the floating line. Three fish (two 2lbs+) in less than hour, one snapping my 4lb leader unfortunately.  Three fisherman around lake had not caught so left pleased. Thought I'd try for some Carp on the surface at Publow but they just weren't interested in surface baits/flies. A few trout rose so on went the Shipmans and I immediately caught a 1.5lb Rainbow safely returned. As usual Publow was empty - a lovely little lake that is somewhat neglected compared to other lakes on the ticket. Left feeling confident about my lake skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment